Thursday, May 2, 2013

My AdvoCare Weight Loss Journey


After much prodding from my fiancé I decided to share my journey with the world not just my Facebook friends. I finally decided to share so I can hopefully inspire others who have struggled with their weight or unhealthy lifestyles, and show them that they’re others out there that share their struggles and that those chains can be broken.

That being said this is my first attempt at this so if you are reading this please bare with me.

My Weight Loss Story Begins


A little over 50 days ago I stepped on a scale and decided my life had to change or I wouldn't have it much longer. Before we get into all of that I guess I should give a little back story. I was born, raised and have always lived in small Midwestern towns in Indiana. I currently live in a very small Indiana town with my fiancé and my 2 children.

I have been a stay at home dad and full time student since late 2009. I have always been a "big guy" and assumed I would always be a big guy being the spawn of 2 people that are above average in size. When I graduated high school in 2002 I was 6'4" 250 pounds, and pretty active playing 3 sports; football, wrestling and baseball.

So fast forward 11 years, I was weighing in some of my elementary school wrestlers, and I decide to step on the scale expecting to see 350.

What I saw scared me to death and almost brought me to tears.

Staring back at me was 429 POUNDS!!!

Now as we all know this is extremely unhealthy for anyone, but it really scared me because diabetes and heart disease run in my family. When I say runs in my family I mean sets on the couch and gets worse. It is not uncommon for a male in my family to die in their 50's from a heart attack.

Not only was I 429 pounds I was depressed, had no energy, and would get short of breath just playing with my kids when I had the energy to play with them.

I Needed To Lose Weight Safely


After the scale incident, I knew I didn't want to feel that way anymore!

So I had a conversation with an old friend that has been posting results from people using this AdvoCare System. I had no idea what it was or where it came from, all I knew was that people I know were getting some amazing results from it, and I wanted it!

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge


So we talked and I did a little research, and decided to go with what they called a 24 day challenge. It was a two phase system that consisted of a 10 day cleanse phase and a 14 day burn phase.

It came with a meal plan and grocery list (which excited me because I do better with structure). I half expected to do this 24 day challenge diet and when it was over, slowly slip back into my old lifestyle.

What I got was a complete lifestyle change!

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge Phase 1


Not only would I be taking the AdvoCare vitamins, but we would start eating clean. We cut out table salt, sugar, and processed foods. Instead of hamburger helper for dinner it was 4oz. of chicken and fresh veggies lightly steamed or raw.

Then the AdvoCare vitamins started giving me more energy, so I added some cardio to my day and then I started to feel more like myself. I started feeling driven and motivated again.

The depression was parting and I could see clearly again. I felt better than I had ever felt in my adult life.

Then I stepped on the scale on day 10 and was amazed to see a double digit weight loss.

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge Phase 2


Other than my kids nothing has motivated me more than my results. So I was stoked after just going through the cleanse phase I had lost over 10 pounds. So I hit the "burn" phase hard and weighed myself on day 24 of the challenge and I was almost brought to tears!

In 24 days I had lost 32 pounds, and the best part I didn't have a big ugly 4 in the first position staring back at me!

Now as I write this I am entering day 51 of my lifestyle change, and on day 50 I had lost 46 pounds!!! (I only weigh once a week on Wednesdays) I was so energized when I stepped on the scale and saw 383.

I know I have a long way to go but for me right now, it isn’t about the finish line it is about the small victories along the way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment